Birkenhead School is inspected regularly by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) to ensure that the highest standards of education are being achieved and maintained.
The most recent inspection reports can be accessed via the links below:
The Regulatory Compliance Inspection Report (November 2017) includes the Early Years Foundation Stage Inspection completed in November 2017.
Highlights of the 2017 report are:
- The overall effectiveness of the Early Years provision is outstanding
- Exciting learning opportunities and dedicated and nurturing staff ensure that children make good, and at times rapid, progress relative to their starting points and are carefully prepared for transition into the next stage of learning.
- Children are exceptionally happy and secure in the setting benefitting from the strong bonds they form with their key workers and other staff in the room.
- The quality of teaching, learning and assessment is outstanding.
- Staff provide high quality learning experiences for the children to meet their next steps.
- Where children are identified as exceeding expectations, staff utilise other resources in the setting to provide challenge and promote further learning. Skilled staff seize opportunities to extend children’s thinking through child initiated and focused group activities.
- Children’s well-being is a strength of the setting. Staff form warm, secure relationships with the children in their care and as a result, young children are happy and show high levels of confidence and enjoyment.
Good Schools Guide
The Good Schools Guide is a trusted guide to schools in the UK and offers an independent viewpoint on a School.
The Guide selects which schools to review and Birkenhead School was delighted to welcome the Good Schools Guide to the School in May 2017.
Click here to read
Sports Personality Dinner 2021
- 15 October 2021
- Bushell Hall Birkenhead School, Oxton, CH43 2JD.
The annual Sports Personality Dinner is a highlight in the sporting calendar at the School. This year, we are delighted to be welcoming Katy Daley-Mclean MBE,to the School as our guest speaker, along with comedian, Jed Stone.The Birkenhead School Sports Personality Dinner raises funds to help sports teams on their programme of summer tours.
Click here to find out more