Outdoor Learning is an important part of life in the Nursery and our outdoor areas provides rich opportunities for imagination, inventiveness and resourcefulness.
They also give children contact with the natural world, offering them the opportunity to play, care for living things and to get fresh air during their daily routine. Our outside areas consist of:
Outside Learning Areas & Terrace
• A Covered outdoor terrace that offers our youngest children the option to play outside, undercover and with a range of toys. The area is carpeted and the roof is bronze tinted to offer protection against UVA and UVB rays.
• Outside play areas for Under 2s and Toddlers with playhouses, toys, slides, mud kitchen and areas for water play.
• The Outdoor Classroom within Prep is where children from the Nursery can enjoy a range of fun activities including storytime with members of the Nursery team.
• Forest School is a separate enclosed area within the School grounds, located next to the Nursery. During the week, children and Nursery staff spend time in the wooded area, exploring nature and completing fun activities.
• The School grounds offer a beautiful and safe environment for children to explore on daily walks with members of the Nursery team.